Friday, June 18, 2010

Treasures

I know this is my 3rd post on my new little flower bed...........but I am so proud of it! It makes me smile every time I look out the window and see it. Yesterday afternoon I decided to fancy it up a bit. We had some bricks from my kids old school so I used them as a border. This little bed has turned out to be so much more than just a garden to me. It is more a sort of memorial. I guess I am getting sentimental in my old age. The fact that the plants came from something my grandmother actually grew and nurtured means the world to me. It's no secret that material things don't mean a thing to me............I'm the Dollar General Queen and I love hand me downs . Don't get me wrong, I like having nice things, it's just that I could take it or leave it. Especially after experiencing Katrina, and seeing my family and all my friends lose every single thing they owned. You realize the important things are the sentimental treasures in life............that is what means the most. My husband did clean-up work in the months after Katrina because his mortgage company office was wiped away. When he was assigned St Paul's Catholic School.......which was the school he attended and our 2 oldest sons, it was very hard on him. That school held many fond memories for him and tons of others. When he brought home some of the bricks that made up the school I knew I had to find something special to do with them. So all this time they have been laying around waiting to be put to use. It came to me the other day when I was watering my new plants.......Voila! This would be a PERFECT spot for them.............so here they are.................displayed for us to see every day!!!!
I hope you all have a very Happy Father's Day and a Great Weekend!!
Thanks for reading!!
C

No comments:

Post a Comment