Saturday, June 19, 2010

Emergency Brake........

Since my tire blow-out fiasco, Brady has hated getting in my SUV. He is afraid we are going to go "BOOM" again. I've tried to reassure him that mommy's tire is not got to blow-out again and that we now have brand new tire on it. But, my car had been making strange noises since the blow-out, especially when I was changing gears. I thought the transmission was going out or something so when Brian took it up to the car place to get the new tire I told him to get it checked out..............they found nothing wrong. After a few days of it doing this, I was talking to my husband about it and he said "it's almost like the emergency brake is on".................and a light-bulb went off in my head!!!! Oh yea, that nice man who changed my tire put the brake on so the truck wouldn't roll back on the fella underneath it!!! I ran out to check it and sure enough, the brake was down...............................so I drove all the way home from Collins.................and then all over town for 4 days without realizing my emergency brake was on!!!! Man, I knew it was having a funny smell, like burnt rubber..................oops!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment