Friday, September 3, 2010

"Duck"-Tape! Mommy's Little Helper

My bff Stephanie always makes fun of me because I bring duct tape with me everywhere. Once, I brought it to the beach and she just thought that was the funniest thing ever~well guess what?? That duct-tape came in mighty handy!!! It helped hold the tent together when the wind kept blowing it apart and it made a great waterproof sock for Patrick when he had stitches and couldn't get his foot wet! Shoot, we even duct taped Brendan's baseball shoes once when he was playing in the all-stars and his soles were coming apart! If I were to sit and think about all the things that I have done with that oh-so-useful tape, the list would run 50 pages long! They even sell it in all kind of different colors now, which is awesome!:-) Today while I was flipping through a home and garden magazine, I saw an article on it and discovered quiet a few interesting new things about it................................

Duct-tape was created in the 1940's and was created for a war-time tape that was strong, sticky and waterproof. It was originally army green and was nick-named "duck-tape" because it was waterproof.
When the GI's brought the duck tape home, Americans used it in air-conditioning duct-work, hence why the makers changed it to gray and started calling it "duct tape"

In the 1970's when an oxygen tank explodes, astronauts on the Apollo 13 made a lifesaving carbon-dioxide filter out of plastics bags, cardboard and.......... you guessed............. DUCT TAPE!!

In 2002 Doctor's discovered Duct tape gets rid of 85% of patients' warts!

There are countless uses for it, the list could go on and on...........................for sure it is one the the best "mommy's little helper" of all time!

What have you used it for?? I would love to hear it!!



I know it has been a while since my last post, so sorry and I promise to not stay away so long again! We have just been busy busy but I am vowing to blog at least 3 times a week from here on out..................and you can hold me to it!!:-) As a matter of fact........................Halloween post coming soon!!!!!! Have a great weekend yall!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment