Thursday, February 18, 2010

Ash Wednesday

Yesterday was Ash Wednesday. I went to mass with Bren and Katie and got my ashes. Father Louie always is so wonderful in mass. This year getting my ashes had a new meaning........for all you Non-Catholic readers, when you go up to get your ashes, the one giving you the ashes says "From dust you came, to dust you will return" and puts a cross in ashes on your forehead. All I could think about was Gina, and how true that statement really is........that is one thing that is inevitable.......we are all going to die one day. That is why I am going to live everyday to the fullest......because you never know when it may be your last......life is too short to sweat the small stuff. I am not the only person in the world who has lost someone who they love.........and it is selfish of me to feel sorry for myself. Gina is in a much better place.....and I am just grateful to have been able to call her a friend.
I made these little pendants for me and some of my friends who loved Gina too. I think they turned out cute. I hope you all have a wonderful day and live life everyday to the very fullest you can!















No comments:

Post a Comment