Wednesday, December 30, 2009

AHHHHHH, The Teenage Years.....


I normally don't write about Patrick because he is a teen and gets mad when I do......you know how teenagers are.....too cool for their mom....but this one takes the cake........

As usual, any normal day, mundane task for anyone else, always turns into some kind of circus for me. This morning didn't let me down in the excitement. Brady and I were the only ones home this morning....Katie and Bren had spent the night with friends....Brian had taken Patrick to baseball practice......Brady and I had slept in since it was such a yucky, rainy day. At 9:15 I get a call from Patrick saying that baseball practice was cancelled due to rain.....he said he was gonna run the bridge and meet me on the other side.....Ummmmm, ok, the bridge is 4 miles but whatever.....he'd be on the other side by the time I got there. I scoop poor sleeping Brady up and throw him in the car and away we go....... as we are on our way, almost to the bridge, Cody (my nephew) calls to say he didn't want to run the bridge.......I tell him "no problem baby, I'll come pick you up on the other side" since Patrick should have been halfway to the other side by now......Cody tells me nomam, Patrick is right here.......{Patrick had called me before he had even reached the bridge so by the time Cody called they were just getting to it} I told Cody to tell Patrick to STAY PUT!! I'm almost there!! If he goes then he is gonna haft to walk home!!!!

Guess what? He did it anyway!! I go to pick Cody up and by this time I was determined to not let him win this one. So I pass him leisurly strolling on the bridge....in the cold rain....I toot the horn and keep on going. Whhhooooo I'll show him whose boss!!!! I really was contemplating leaving him to walk all the way home....but decided against it....I'm not THAT cruel. Cody and I pull over at the end of the bridge to wait and wait and wait for him. Finally after waiting a good 45 minutes, I decide to go back over the bridge to check on him.....well, you know it was raining and everything was wet.....when I put the car in reverse....it starts spinning....mud flying everywhere!!! Stuck!! I put it forward and then back in reverse and spin and rut my way out of it......all on this construction sites property!! Oh my, if they would have seen me they would have not been happy! I just thank God I got outta there and wasn't stuck. We just got to do a little "mud riding"!LOL

We get back on the bridge and see Patrick......drive all the way to the Bay and back again.....by this time he had walked the entire bridge.......he was laughing.....saying he told me he was gonna walk the bridge.......Cody was calling him an "idiot" and took a picture for me so I could put it on here....I will when he sends it to me.......I think I won this one.....by public humiliation!~AND he is grounded for the rest of his life!!!

So, how was your morning?????

No comments:

Post a Comment