Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree...

Finally got my Living Room Christmas tree up! Now all I want to do is put on Christmas music, sit on the couch and enjoy the lights!:-) I am so afraid that the kids are going to fight or wrestle around it and knock it down! I put my blood, sweat and tears into this tree and if they destroyed it I would have a heart attack!

My "blood" when I made the pine cone garland...stringing it together is no easy feat...especially with the prickly pines...I had sore hands for days...
My "sweat" was putting it up...This tree is our old one from when we lived in Mobile. When we moved to Jackson I got the smaller tree that I put in the Dining Room. This tree was too short to go in the Living Room in our house that we live in now on the Coast, so to make it taller, I put it in a huge plant pot that I already had. It makes it the perfect height.
My "Tears" of Joy!! When I put the tree up last year, my sweet hubby surprised me with a little Christmas Village to go underneath it.
I do have a couple of causalities from last year, like the "headless" Christmas Caroler when Brady kept thinking they were toys for him...
This is my favorite ornament! My Aunt Sheila gave it to me one year for my birthday!
My Thomas Kincade "Twas The Night Before Christmas" that plays the whole story and lights up in each room as the story is told...
Thanksgiving pictures to come...






1 comment: