Tuesday, August 18, 2009

My first post! "Meathead Recipe"

This is my very first post on my new blog! I am going to have so much fun re-living that dramas of mommyhood day in and day out! I will also try to fit in a few helpful hints and craft tutorials!

Halloween is right around the corner! I love decorating for Halloween and each year I try to outdo the year before! Yesterday I picked up some cheap wire Garden Fencing from Dollar General for 50% off. I probably could have waited for it to be 75% off but I didn't want to risk them being sold out like I did last year. I plan on painting them gray and outlining my "graveyard" with them. I had to use stakes and rope last year which didn't give as good of effect as the fencing will...spooky!!!!
I will post pictures soon of previous ghouls I have made, including:
a mummy
a coffin with dead man in it
a ham "meathead"
a science lab
glitter bones
many more to come...
Halloween 2007
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
Note: Please ignore the huge boob smashing GrumpyGrumpy getting me back for smashing him into the ground
"Dead Man in the Coffin"
"The Meathead"

Meathead Recipe

I had to buy a skull on ebay...it's plastic (not real!heehee)

Cream Cheese spread all over the skull (the recipe called for red Jell-o but I found that cream cheese worked better)

Thinly Sliced Ham strategically placed around scull

1 Boiled Egg cut in half with olive for eyeballs

Garnish with Lettuce and get ready to gross people out!!

Serve with rolls and mustard...









3 comments:

  1. Hey Christie, Welcome to Blogland! I can't wait to read about your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girl! I am excited to finally be a member!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Girl! Cute blog background! Blogging is the only way I can attempt to remember things about my babies right now....no time to scrapbook! Your family is beautiful! Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete