Thursday, November 12, 2009

Raising Kids in the 21st Century

Raising kids is so different now-a-days! I mean, I can tell the way society, technology, everything has changed from the time I had my 1st kid all the way to my 4th. It's quite bizarre, actually. Brady really made me realize that today. And ya'll step back now, because this is deep... I was telling Brady he better behave and act like a good boy because Santa Claus wasn't going to bring him any toys if he wasn't. I told him that Santa was watching him and knew if he acted naughty...and Brady wanted to know "where are the camera's at???" I tried to explain to him that Santa didn't need hidden cameras, that he could see you without them, but how funny is that? 15 years ago, Patrick wouldn't have even thought of video cameras, email, facebook, the Internet... I guess this really is the 21st Century!! Our children are growing up expecting video cameras, cell phones with Internet access, youtube, all kind of cool stuff. But if you ever read the book "1984", Big Brother (not the TV show!LOL) really is watching you...it is just that the "government" is not the one watching...in reality, WE, have become our own Big Brother. (told you it was deep!!LOL)

Not that I am complaining, everybody knows how I love my technology! What would I do without my facebook fix!!?? It is just one of those things that make you go hummmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment