Saturday, January 16, 2010

Am I Living A Sitcom??

It's no secrete that every single time I leave the house something always happens.....never does anything ever go smoothly or as planned. My friends make fun of me and say that I never leave the house, but they know that every time I do leave it.....some kind of "event" is gonna happen. Seriously, I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried!LOL Friday didn't let me down in the eventful category.
Brian and I had a meeting with Katie's teacher Friday at 12:20. He was supposed to pick Brady up from school @ 12 and swing by and pick me. Bren stayed home from school because he threw up the night before. I was freaking out thinking he had gotten my bug, but I think he just ate too much. He only missed a half day though, since the kids were getting out early for the parent/teacher conference. Katie was to walk over to Gram's with my niece Morgan and Brian and I would pick her up after the meeting. Ok......let's see.....what goes wrong first??? Oh, Katie calls me from the church rectory, her and Morgan are fighting and Morgan wouldn't let her use the phone....so she puts SISTER JACKIE on the phone with me!! I was like....um please tell her to go to Grams NOW and I will be over to get her ASAP! Gram wasn't home so they were fighting and I'm sure I looked like Mother of the Year to Sister Jackie! At 12:00 Brian calls me and tells me he is so sorry but that he has had something come up and can't leave work!!! Brady gets out at 12???!!! I panic and rush out the door to go pick him up.....I am on E on gas......my car is putting out.....it goes dead at least 5 times on my way....... I had no choice but to stop and get gas before picking up Brady or I wouldn't have made it. Finally I rush in the preschool doors at 12:15......of course the other kids are already napping and he is sitting in the dark with his teacher........I apologized to Ms Michelle and tried to quickly explain my dilemma and how late I was running for Katie's appointment....she said it was fine and not to worry about it.....but she needed me to sigh something right quick.....just saying that I declined a parent/teacher meeting, they had to have it in the file......unless I wanted to have a teacher meeting......I said not unless you feel there is a need for one.....is Brady doing ok? She said oh yes, he is fine, no problems......oh wait....except for one little thing.....today Brady walked around doing this (as she made the sign of the "bird") to everyone.....I had to take him aside and explain to him that that wasn't nice....but that he didn't know what it meant! I was like......"WHAT??" "Please understand he has older brothers and they think it is funny to make him do stuff like that!!" How embarrassing is that????? I wanted to crawl up under a table!! Another Mother of the Year award! I have never even seen him do that before but I know one thing.....I know it came from the older kids and they are the ones that are gonna get it!

So after that nice little chat with Brady's teacher I finally make it to Katie's school. Her's actually wasn't so bad . Afterwards, we headed to Stanislaus to pick up Patrick and Cody who were getting out early too. Quite an eventful afternoon....I swear I am living a TV sitcom or something....really if I didn't think I'd get arrested, I'd do a reality TV show!LOL I have to be the only mom in the world that can be scolding her kids one moment and break out in song in the next.....when we all got home from out excursions yesterday, of course everybody was starving....I was making them hot dogs.....everyone screaming at each other and fighting......I told Katie to "hush girl" and then we all stop, look at each other and laugh and start singing that "shush girl, shut your lips, do the Helen Keller and talk with your hips!" Good lord, my kids are gonna need therapy one day!!LOL God love em........

Now, could you picture this sweet little face and those sweet little hands doing something as naughty as "flipping the bird???" Never!!;-)
Bren Bren won his basketball game last night......I'll post pics later today!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment