Thursday, January 21, 2010

I HATE CANCER!

Cancer has touch my life in such a vile way. It has affected so many people that I love. My mom's oldest sister, Priscilla died at the age of 13. My mom's twin brother Paul, (Melissa's dad) died at 28. My mamaw and papaw both died from it. And the list just goes on from there....... Yesterday I found out that Melissa's fiance', Kevin Haymon's dad has cancer. Poor Melissa and Kevin, cancer has run them through the ringer lately. First, Kevin's best friend Paul getting colon cancer, then Gina getting it and dying only one month later. Now this.........life is just not fair sometimes. And no two people deserve to be happy more than Kevin and Melissa.....I'll give you an example.....
Melissa and Kevin got engaged right around Christmas time. I was ecstatic. I am so happy for Melissa and so proud she has found happiness. Kevin is such a great guy, I love him and welcome him into our family with open arms. On the night that they got engaged Melissa called me so excited, panting and out of breath.......I thought something was wrong......nearly scared me to death!LOL They had gone out to eat to celebrate. They went to a place where they frequent a lot and they knew the waitress. She told them how she finally had gotten custody of her kids but that her ex had destroyed all their clothes and her poor babies had nothing to wear. Now this is the kind of people Melissa and Kevin are........when the waitress walks away, Melissa tells Kevin not to get mad at her, but that she is about to do something.....even though she knows she knows she is not financially fit...but that she just felt she had to do it......as she pulls out a 100 dollar bill and sits it on the table.......Kevin says "Oh I'm not mad, as a matter of fact, I'll match your 100 dollar bill"! So they both gave that waitress 100 dollars so that she could buy her babies some clothes! They will probably both kill me for telling this story, but I don't care. My heart hurts so bad for them, I just wanted everyone to know what good people they are and it is just not fair........If anyone deserves to go the rest of their lifetime without heartache and pain.......it is them! I am praying for Kevin's dad.......
I love you Kevin and Melissa!

God Bless!

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry to hear this. I don't know Kevin but love Melissa and you're right, she's wonderful. I will have them all in my prayers! God is still in the healing business!

    ReplyDelete