Thursday, September 10, 2009

Helpful Hints

I am also going to start posting helpful hints weekly. Of course, having 4 kids, I have been around the block a few times. If I haven't seen it, done it, had it or been it, then I know somebody who has! I have often been referred to as"Martha Stewart" on crack (thanks Steph) so be warned that my hints and tips arr probably not the norm. Maybe I'm more like the redneck "Martha Stewart"...I do love me some duct tape!LOL I have been made fun on occasions for taking it to the beach!!:-) But you gotta admit, when in a bind...duct tape can just about fix anything!
My hint for today is a new one. I have been cleaning the house like a fend, trying to get rid of all the sicky germs. I was refilling the anti-bacterial hand soaps in the bathrooms when I came upon an empty one and had a brain-storm!

NOTICE: this one is for people with young kids that are old enough to start trying to wash their own hair, but young enough to waste you ENTIRE bottle of shampoo thinking it is bubble bath!

Fill your empty hand-soap pump bottle with shampoo! Tell them only two pumps per shampoo! If you have boys that don't need it all that sudsy, you can even dilute it some with water to save money. I filled mine up today and can't wait to let them try it out tonight at bathtime!:-)

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! My boys (mostly Clay) go through a shampoo bottle way too fast! I just bought pump Suave kids shampoo. I plan to tell them ONE pump per shower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say that one pump was plenty for Brady tonight! He even washed his own hair all by himself!:-) And I did dilute it a little just so it would pump a little easier...

    ReplyDelete