Thursday, September 10, 2009

My Best Friends!

I had the best time this past Labor Day weekend. I got to see both of my very best friends! Brian went to the ballgame in Memphis, so I rode up to Jackson with him and visited with my best friend/twin cousin, Melissa and my best friend Stephanie.

Having your girlfriends is so important, especially for crazy maniac mommies who always need someone to vent too! I am so fortunate to be blessed with all of the friends who are in my life. But these two gals have been with me thru thick and thin so I am dedicating this post the them!!

I was so happy to see Melissa! I miss her so much and I hate living so far away from her. But no matter how far we live away from each other, we always know the other one will drop whatever they are doing to be there if the other needs them. My mom and her dad were twins so we always refer to each other as "twin cousins" and that pretty much sums it up because we are way more than just "cousins". I have lots and lots of stories from our youth, but I'd have to start another blog to write them on...they wouldn't be appropriate for my "mommy blog"!!LOL We always laugh when we are together and no matter what we are doing or where we are...we have fun everytime we are together.


My best friend Stephanie is my friend who I've always been pregnant with, except for Brendan (she sat that one out!:-) We met when I was pregnant with Patrick and she was pg with McKensie. They are now 15 years old! It is hard to believe it has been almost 16 years ago that we were young mommies-2-be, so naive to motherhood! We would lay up in the bed daily with her little dog, Fee, between us, imagining what it would be like to be a mother. Boy, that does seem like ages ago, me without kids?? I can't even imagine that now. I actually credit Stephanie for getting me pregnant with my 4th child, Brady. Credit is a nice way of putting it, I really refer to it as her cursing me or putting a hex on me!LOL It is just such a funny story, (and when I say funny, I mean strange, odd, weird haha). It's just that Stephanie has never been pregnant with out me. Patrick and McKensie were 4 days apart. McLain and Katie were a few months apart. So when Stephanie got pregnant with Wyatt, I laughed and joked and made fun of her getting pregnant again! We had both just lost all our weight from the kids so of course I dogged her out telling her she was gonna gain weight again! We went to a St Paddy's day parade and I called her and told her how much fun we were having and that I wished she was there!! I know I am a mean friend!! (she knows I love her) Brian made fun of Warren, laughing at him. I swear Stephanie must have gotten a voodoo doll and impregnated me because it wasn't a month later....I was PREGNANT! I guess the little fella was meant to be because I was planning to get my tubes tied in May and got pregnant in April. Of course now he is the apple of my eye, but it was quite surprising at first!



I really am fortunate to have these wonderful people in my live. I love them very much! They have both always been there for me, but they really pulled thru for me after Hurricane Katrina and I appreciate all that they did for me and my family so much! There was many a late night phone call during that time period and I thank them both from the bottom of my heart!






















































No comments:

Post a Comment