Monday, September 21, 2009

Sour Cream Chicken

This is one of my most favorite meals. It is also one of the first "real foods" (not hamburger helper) that I ever cooked. My ex roommate Stacy Richardson-Hunter taught me this recipe. It is a really easy recipe that goes a long way and can feed a lot of people. It is easy to double it up too. Tonight I made it but I used fat-free ingredients and brown rice. It probably won't be as good since it is better for ya!;-) I am just gonna give you the original recipe and all you dieters out there can just adjust it however you choose.

Boneless, Skinless Chicken
1 Can Cream of Mushroom (2 if doubling up)
8 Oz Sour Cream (16 if doubling up)
Bacon
1 Cup Rice

Preheat oven between 350 and 375 degrees
Wrap Bacon Around Chicken
Lay Wrapped Chicken in Pan
Mix Cream of Mushroom and Sour Cream together and Pour over Chicken
Bake for About 2 hours or until Chicken is Done
Cook Rice Separate
Pour Sour Cream Gravy over Rice When Serving
I always serve it with English Peas and Green Salad...
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I did not know you and Stacy were roommates! Where is she now? I haven't seen her in years. The recipe soundy yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, we lived together in Jackson in the early 90's. She lives in Ridgeland.

    ReplyDelete