Friday, October 30, 2009

All Saints Day

Whew...so glad today is over! It was All Saints Day at Katie and Bren's school...Katie and her 3rd grade class all dressed up as their favorite Saint. Katie's Saint was St Catherine laboure. Now... before you view her pic, let me explain something...St Catherine wore a "habit" that was big and floppy, just like Sally Field in "The Flying Nun". I made one out of foam craft paper. I did the best I could, but let's face it...big floppy habits aren't the most practical form of headdress. Katie and I went rounds and rounds last night with lots of screaming and crying. She did NOT want to wear it. I pretty much had to threaten her life to get her to wear it. Today at school, I almost had a nervous breakdown because she wouldn't walk in her class with it on. She finally put it on and I went to wait in the gym for all the "Saints" to come in. God Bless her heart for wearing it~~ Poor girl...I can't say that I blamed her...it was crooked and sideways because it was hitting the persons beside her in the face! I don't think I will ever let her read this, and I not admit it to her.....but you gotta admit she was a trooper for wearing it!LOL I guess I will be extra nice to her tonight...she will probably have to have years of therapy from this day!!
(Maybe I should have just ordered one from a costume place?)
She is never gonna let me live this one down...
Bless that little Saint's heart!:-)
That is one fine group of Saints~
Everyone looked awesome! It was so much fun seeing everyone dressed as their favorite Saint!

My niece, Morgan
Bren and his buddies
Bren and his buddies again...
I was wiped out after that stressful, emotional morning! Especially while trying to recoup from my sickness...but my morning wasn't over...still had to go to Brady's school County Fair! Pictures from that to come...






No comments:

Post a Comment