Saturday, October 3, 2009

Neighborhood Garage Sale

Our Neighborhood Garage Sale was a wonderful success today. It was a gorgeous day to have it.
I was so amped up about the day that I could barely sleep. I was even up this morning at 4:30 baking brownies for the Lemonade Stand. I was the only one awake and was too scared to go outside to start putting out things for the garage sale. I know that I love Halloween and all, so you'd think that I'd be some kind of brave girl, but I am really the biggest chicken on earth. I don't watch horror movies, don't go to Haunted Houses, scared of the dark, especially when hubby is not home, I could go on and on...so I wasn't about to go outside when it was still "dark" outside. LOL That is why I baking at 4 this morning instead of setting up for the sale! The brownies were good though, and the kids were super excited to have them for breakfast!:-)

This is my neighbor's house who lives across the street. As you can see we had a pretty good turn-out.
My next-door neighbor with her precious little boy taking a break from all the hard work.

Katie, Kalie and Patrick working hard trying to sell some Lemonade!

Patrick giving orders to Brady!

The Lemonade Stand was a great distraction for the kids during the garage sale. Plus they are donating most of their proceeds to the National Children's Cancer Society.

Of course I did have to keep Katie from dipping her hands in the money jar. She kept finding things at the other garage sales that she wanted!
We had Home of Grace come by and pick up everything we didn't sell, so all in all we did pretty good and we were able to donate to charity as well. Not to mention how awesome it was to have somebody come to pick it all up for us! I think we may just have to make this an annual event!
Oh, and on a side note...I must brag on Patrick...I know I was complaining about him and the "teenage years" the other day, but kudos to him for being the biggest help to me during this event. He helped me to do everything from hauling stuff from the attic, loading and unloading and being a wonderful little salesman. He even got up at 5:45 this morning to help me. I couldn't have done it without him! Thank you baby!!! I love you!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment