Thursday, October 1, 2009

Outdoor Halloween Haunt "How-tos"

I made the tombstone out of a boogie board on clearance. You take the outer-plastic layer off to expose the Styrofoam. Etch epitaph with a craft knife. Spray paint with Kiltz. I sprayed this one silver with black words and then sprayed it with water to give it an old affect. (the black paint was craft paint applied with a sponge brush) The hand is just a house-hold rubber glove stuffed with cotton and newspaper, painted with a little red paint for blood and a shish-kabob to stick it in the ground.

The Grim Reaper is a Scream mask on an old beach umbrella pole and two sticks taped together crossways for the shoulders.

The Flying Ghost is a Styrofoam skull on a wire coat hanger and ripped up sheets. It is hanging on an old branch that me and the kids went in the woods and found. You'd be surprised the things you can find all around you that you can use to make "hauntings":-)



This is my Dead Man in the Coffin. I started not to post this picture because it is tearing apart. Being up in the attic heat, plus "someone" placed the Christmas Tree on top of it, was a little too much for the old ghoul. But I did want to give you an idea of the poor dudes former glory. I made the coffin out of cardboard. Glue guns or tape just can't hold up against our scorching summer heat down here on the coast. I made it a couple of years ago for a little Haunted House our neighborhood had. Hopefully I can piece it back together for this years haunt.

You have to admit that he is pretty darn creepy!! Last year I put it in my dining room and the cat would get in there and snuggle with the corpse. It would be so scary when you'd catch something "moving" out of the corner of you eye!!LOL

Brady loves the "dead man"! Poor kid ain't ever gonna be afraid of anything!!








No comments:

Post a Comment